- The use of modern technology for class purposes.
- The age range of fellow students.
- The experience range of fellow students.
- The level of expertise of the instructors.
- The amount my personal life would change.
- The amount of introspection, self-evaluation, and possibility for change.
When last I was in school (sounding older than I am here), we used the internet for research, we created powerpoint presentations and we abused Microsoft Word. I had no idea that coming to college would introduce me to so many forms of modern technology that can be used for the purpose of furthering education. Forum posts and blogging as homework? Wow! Moodle and Moodle2 have been to of the things that have totally blown my mind. Such a level of intereaction with fellow students and instructors. I am taking a full load of 15 credits and yet I spend only about 3 hours a week in a classroom. I am unendingly impressed by the way my instructors are including so much technology but then it seems fitting with my study path. Taking the courses I am for my MIT ATA everything is entertwining in such a way I have never experienced in education.
The range of fellow students was a pleasant releif for me. One of my orignal fears was being the oldest person in my classes.
The experience range of fellow students is amazing. Especially going to school with NAS Whidbey so near by.
In high school I recall being taught by teachers who seemed competent enough most of the time and yet having the feeling that I was blindly putting my trust into the school district that these people had been properly trained to teach me. No offense to high school teachers I had more than a few who were awesome and helped shape my path. It is an entirely different experience to be learning from instructors with PhD's in the field you intend to pursue.
While I knew my perfesional facade would greatly change with the new knowledge I would gain I never could have guessed how my work would relate to my personal life. All this and not even quite a week into classes.
Last but certainly not the least the amount of introspection and personal growth was entirely unexpected. Interpersonal Communications CMST 210 has been the most unexpectadly life changing. Reading my text and beginning to see parallels to my everyday life and giving me ways to change my communication skills and self-concept for the positive as well as help me enforce a positive self-concept in my daughter.
Self-Concept Video
No comments:
Post a Comment