Two days a week the husband does not work. Two days a week Momma is off the hook. Not that I don't adore being a mom, but we all need a break from our roles now and again.
On this day when I have the power to do as I do without worry of the kiddo I have the audacity to spend it at school...
There are certain things about being a mom that are far from glorious, one of these is the long lasting effect on the body (at least for some of us). In my case a long battle with undesirable weight has been waging since I was in middle school.
It's time to take control and tell the mom bod to be gone and hit the gym. SVC students are you aware that for $20 we can have the use of the gym for the quarter? I went in for my first work out and was pleasantly surprised by the facilities. It's been a long time since I made the effort to work out in a gym setting. I changed in to my sweats in the locker room and hit a cycle machine. I started pressing the buttons and found a surprising amount of options. I chose the fat burning cycle, was asked my age and had my optimum heart rate determined. The cycle machine than asks that you hold the censors located below the seat which then collect your heart rate information. If you continue to hold these handles as you work out the machine will automatically adjust your resistance to keep your heart rate at the optimum point to achieve your goal.
Dripping sweat like I hadn't in 4 years I felt incredible. Staring out at the Yacht Club and the flag pole (flags at half mast in memory of all the horrid events the past week has held) there is a feeling of peace. The only thing that felt better was the long hot shower after the work out.
The second item on the agenda for this visit to campus was utilizing the computer lab as the software for MIT is very pricey. However side tracked I became when I discovered the wonderful student life board had arranged for a spring tea party in the student lounge. I love the student life events on campus I've only participated in two so far but the one's coming up sound like a blast. Tea, cookies, sandwiches, cupcakes, fruit and tea cups to be taken home made this one a huge win. I really appreciated this snack after my work out it hit the spot.
My first time using a school computer was confusing. Not knowing what user name and password was required was frustrating. The annoyance was replaced with gratitude quite quickly when a lovely aid in the library kindly told me it was simply my Moodle access info jeez so simple.




No comments:
Post a Comment